Tuesday 10 July 2012

It's been a long wait here on the west coast for summer to arrive, but it's finally here. June was so wet our feet were webbing and apparently we broke all records for rain. BUT, the sun is now out and summer is here! Wahoo!
We finally got approval (after 3 submissions) from our strata to install an air condioner/heat pump, so yesterday and today we have been a construction site as they remove drywall inside and  start the process. As I stayed home, I spent the whole day in my quilt studio and had a delightful time. I'm usually so busy that I never get such a big chunk of time to sew, so I took full advantage of it. I managed to quilt 3 baby quilts for our guild Community Quilts (our main charity) and sew the bindings on. Now I have some hand work to do finishing off those bindings. Today I plan on quilting one more baby quilt and another wall hanging. My goal is to finish off ALL my UFO's (unfinished quilts etc) that have been piling up in my studio. I'm not buying any more fabric until I can start to make a dent in my stash, which is considerable.
I also took a finished quilt down to my Mom's senior residence and donated it. It was a lovely quilt (I hope to take a photo of it and post it here soon), but was too big to use for a wall hanging and too small for a bed quilt. The manager was thrilled to receive it so that was nice. I still have to sew on a hanging sleeve once I find out which way she wants to hang it. I often take down finished quilts to show the residents there as they get such a kick out of seeing them.
Well, time to walk the dogs and then sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis