Friday 12 September 2014

New Baby/Toddler quilts 2014



My 2 year old grandson needed a bit bigger quilt for his crib and since the weather was warmer it needed to not be too heavy. He loves Cat in the Hat so I made the top one for him using a Disappearing 9 patch pattern (nice and easy) and put some 'Cars' fabric on the back. Finished it with some free motion quilting.
The second one was all Minke fabric, so nice and soft, and I made it for a new great -nephew. He's also getting a wall-hanging that I'm just finishing now, but I wanted to send him something that they could use everyday first. I've done this several times now for new babies and the Moms seems to like them as they're soft, washable (polyester) and you can take them to the beach or in the car and then throw them in the wash. I did some free motion quilting on it, just to hold the layers together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis