Monday 21 March 2016


These 2 quilts were originally pieced in the 1980's. The Lone Star one was actually my first quilt class called "Quilt in a Day" -not the appropriate name for any quilt class. You can tell by the colours what era it was made in -rose and green, popular colours in the 80's. I recently had this quilted by Barbara Bettles and she has made it come to life with her lovely quilting. Not sure what I'll do with this one, but at least it's now finished.
The second one is a Double Irish Chain pattern and again was made many years ago. This one was originally made for my daughter when she was about 9 years old, but by the time I finished piecing the top she didn't want these colours and instead wanted her bedroom painted navy blue, so this top sat in a drawer for many years. Barbara Bettles quilted this one for me also and did an awesome job. I found the pink border fabric in my stash-glad I had that colour as otherwise it would have been hard to match. 

1 comment:

  1. *This quilt was donated to Fort McMurray, a town in Northern Alberta, that was hit by wild fires a few weeks ago. Many lost their homes and now have nothing. Hope someone can enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis