Tuesday 17 January 2012

Snow Day= Sew Day

Had a lovely day sewing today as the snow fell outside. Can't think of a better way to spend an 'inside day' (as we used to call it when I worked in a school). Just about finished quilting a Community Quilt and hopefully will add the binding to that tomorrow. Finally finished appliqueing the last circle on my daughter's 'Circle Play" quilt also -now I can add those last 4 rows and get that ready to quilt.
I'm slowly trying to finish off those UFO's that have been taking up space in my sewing room -sure feels good, but it's not going to get done in a day or probably not in a year. I've vowed to 'only' buy fabric if I need it to finish something and absolutely can't find anything in my stash that will do. Wish me luck on that one! I knew I had UFO's and kits, but it was only when I had to pack up (thanks to friends, Sharon & Marilyn for that!) and move this last summer, that I really realized just HOW MUCH I really had and it was an eye opener to say the least. I've been quilting for a long time and think it was just easier to forget about some projects rather than finish them. No more! I've challenged myself to finally get them done, even if it takes a long time to do it.
Thanks to my quilting friend, Barb, for the title today -just thought it was a great saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis