Wednesday 7 August 2013

"Life's a Hoot" -Baby quilt for Tyce Robbins ( finished July 2013)

Finished this quilt in July for my great-nephew -Tyce. Found the pattern on Craftsy called "Life's a Hoot". It took quite a while to do, but I was pleased with the outcome (the nicest baby quilt I've done so far). Each owl was machine quilted, layer by layer and then added to the background fabric where it was sewed on with a buttonhole stitch. It was fun choosing all the different fabrics and trying not to repeat them. The pattern had a pale gold background but I changed it to the sky/cloud fabric. I had picked up the backing fabric (a Kaffe Fasset) awhile ago and decided to use it for the backing as it was so colourful.
Congratulations to Scott & Veruscka on the birth of their beautiful little boy!





2 comments:

  1. Love it! Never saw the back of it before... love all the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis