Thursday 8 August 2013

Quilts for Great Nephews

Made these 2 quilts for 2 very special great nephews as we were seeing them at their Auntie's wedding in Calgary this summer(2013) . I had picked up 2 fabric panels intended to be made into little 'soft books', but made them into quilts instead. The first one is called "Can You Find This?" and has trucks, motorcycles, diggers etc all over it. A good one to also play "I Spy" with.
Both boys love superheroes (they are 4 1/4 and 2 1/2 years old) so that Batman panel was a no brainer when I saw it. I quilted around all the figures and letters on the Batman one and then did some free motion quilting in the lighter blue part. I didn't do any quilting in the black/white fabric sashing as it really didn't need it with such bold colours.
On the car quilt I spent a lot longer quilting around just about all of the cars and vehicles, but it was worth it. Did some free motion quilting in the green sashing. The car one is a bit larger in size.
I couldn't decide which one to give to the boys, so left it up to their Mom as she knows them best. She sent me a photo later of both of them sitting on them and enjoying them -that makes it all worth while.
PS- both boys did receive a baby quilt when they were born also.




No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis