Saturday 17 September 2011

Blair's Grad Quilt

This queen sized quilt was over 10 years in the making and I thank Blair for being so patient! The story goes like this........ I made Blair a quilt to celebrate his high school graduation in 1996, but when I was putting the final quilting on it, the green colour started to bleed into the cream colour. I was heart broken and put it away. Blair then asked for a blue and white quilt and decided on this Pineapple Log Cabin pattern. I started it and worked on it every summer mostly for a few years. It had to be the most boring thing to work on as all the blocks were different combinations of blue, but they were still just blue and white and each block was ONLY 6" square, so there were over 180  blocks as the finished quilt was about 72" x 94". I even made him an "interim" flannel quilt that he took to university in Winnipeg. I finally finished this one and was able to put it into our last Langley Quilters' Guild Quilt Show in 2010. It does look nice on Blair and Kate's bed, thank goodness. Word to self... "never make another queen sized quilt from 6" blocks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis