Saturday 24 September 2011

Terry Sunflowers


This is a Sunflower Stained Glass wallhanging that I made for my husband, Terry, in 2004 as a birthday gift. I"m so glad I put labels on my quilts that were gifts, as otherwise I really can't remember when I made them!
This quilt started out as a large piece of black fabric, to which I then applied(ironed on) a heavy duty interfacing called "Bond' . Then I cut around the black "lines', glued the fabric to the back of the  'bond' and then put the coloured fabrics into the "windows", to give that stained glass effect. Then it was machine quilted. Apparently there are now a lot of easier ways to get this effect, but at the time there wasn't.
Terry loves sunflowers and this small (30" sq) quilt often hangs on a wall at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis